[PET] Open Position: Ph.D. Student in Applied Cryptography/Cryptographic Protocols

Thomas Schneider schneider at encrypto.cs.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jan 21 04:16:06 GMT 2020

The Cryptography and Privacy Engineering Group (ENCRYPTO) at Technische Universität Darmstadt offers a position for a

Doctoral Researcher (Research Assistant/PhD Student) in the project “Privacy-preserving Services on The Internet” (PSOTI)

funded via an ERC Starting Grant. We develop techniques and tools for protecting privacy in applications.

Job Description:

The fully funded position is for up to 4.5 years with starting date latest on August 1, 2020. In our project, we will build privacy-preserving services on the Internet. This includes protocols for privately outsourcing, searching and processing data among untrusted service providers using secure multi-party computation, and building a scalable secure multi-party computation framework. You will do research, build prototype implementations, and publish and present the results at top conferences and journals. We provide an open and international working environment for excellent research in a sociable team and give the opportunity for further qualification (doctoral/PhD degree). TU Darmstadt is ranked as a top university for IT security and cryptography in Europe and computer science in Germany. The position is based in the “City of Science” Darmstadt, which is very international and livable, and well-connected in the Rhine-Main area around Frankfurt.

Your Profile:

- You have a completed Master degree (or equivalent) from a top university with excellent grades in IT security, computer science, applied mathematics, electrical engineering, or a similar field.
- Extensive knowledge in IT security/applied cryptography and excellent software development skills are required.
- Additional knowledge in cryptographic protocols (ideally secure multi-party computation) is a plus.
- You are self-motivated, reliable, creative, able to discuss/write/present scientific results in English, and able to conduct excellent research on challenging scientific problems with practical relevance.

Application Deadline: June 1, 2020; later applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.

Further information and details for how to apply: https://encrypto.de/PSOTI-PHDSTUDENT <https://encrypto.de/PSOTI-PHDSTUDENT>

Best regards,
Thomas Schneider

---
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Thomas Schneider
Cryptography and Privacy Engineering Group (ENCRYPTO)
Department of Computer Science
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Mornewegstr. 32 (building S4|14, room 5.3.14)
D-64293 Darmstadt, Germany
web: https://encrypto.de <https://encrypto.de/>