[PET] Post-Doc in Applied Cryptography/Secure Computation

Thomas Schneider schneider at encrypto.cs.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Sep 27 09:48:10 BST 2019

The Cryptography and Privacy Engineering Group (ENCRYPTO) at Technische Universität Darmstadt offers a position for a

Postdoctoral Researcher in the project “Privacy-preserving Services on The Internet” (PSOTI)

funded via an ERC Starting Grant. We are part of the profile area CYSEC at TU Darmstadt and develop techniques and tools for protecting privacy in applications.

Job Description:

The fully funded position is for 2.5 years with starting date latest on Feb 1, 2020. In our project, we will build privacy-preserving services on the Internet. This includes protocols for privately outsourcing, searching and processing data among untrusted service providers using secure multi-party computation, and building a scalable secure multi-party computation framework. You will co-advise PhD students, be involved in the project management, do research, build prototype implementations, and publish the results at top venues in IT security / applied cryptography. We provide an open and international working environment for excellent research in a sociable team. TU Darmstadt is ranked as a top university for IT security and cryptography in Europe and computer science in Germany. The position is based in the “City of Science” Darmstadt, which is very international and livable, and well-connected in the Rhine-Main area around Frankfurt.

Your Profile:

- You have a completed PhD degree (or equivalent) from a top university in IT security, computer science, applied mathematics, electrical engineering, or a similar area.

- You have published in top venues for IT security / applied cryptography (such as S&P, CCS, NDSS, USENIX SEC, EUROCRYPT, CRYPTO), ideally on cryptographic protocols and secure computation.

- Experience in software development, project management, and supervising students is required.

- You are self-motivated, reliable, creative, able to discuss/write/present scientific results in English, and can conduct excellent research on challenging scientific problems with practical relevance.

Application Deadline: Nov 1, 2019; later applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.

Further information and details for how to apply: http://encrypto.de/PSOTI-POSTDOC <http://encrypto.de/PSOTI-POSTDOC>

Best regards,
Thomas Schneider

---
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Thomas Schneider
Cryptography and Privacy Engineering Group (ENCRYPTO)
Department of Computer Science
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Mornewegstr. 32 (building S4|14, room 5.3.14)
D-64293 Darmstadt, Germany
web: https://encrypto.de <https://encrypto.de/>