[PET] 12th CMI INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE 2019 (Security and Privacy)
emv at cmi.aau.dk
Tue Sep 3 10:01:47 BST 2019
****Deadline approaching: September 15, 2019****
Venue: Center for Communication, Media and Information technologies (CMI) at Dept. of Electronic Systems, Aalborg University, Copenhagen, Denmark
CALL FOR PAPERS
The interconnectivity of our systems and devices enables development and use of smart applications with increasingly higher efficiencies but at the same time creates a number of security and privacy challenges. From smart home devices to industrial control systems and from mobile phones to cars, everything is nowadays connected to the Internet, one way or another. With the attack surface reaching a record high, cyberattacks have become an everyday word and concern. At the same time, privacy issues and needs for protection of data are still major challenges even though regulations like GDPR try to address the problem. This year, the 12th CMI Conference discusses the topics of cybersecurity and privacy and attempts to answer the twofold question: how will cybersecurity and privacy be shaped in the future and how much will cybersecurity and privacy influence the future? In addition, the question of how to balance security and privacy with the 'checks and balances' needed for businesses and society is also raised.
The goal of the CMI conference is to bring together students, researchers, and professionals from the academia and the industry that share a common interest on the topics of cybersecurity and privacy. The conference welcomes manuscripts describing novel and work-in-progress research as well as negative results, lessons learned and state of knowledge (SoK) contributions. Furthermore, this year's CMI conference will also accept poster submissions in the form of extended abstracts (2 pages).
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Cybersecurity and the GDPR
* Advancements on network intrusion detection
* Blockchain and cybersecurity: applications and attacks
* Privacy Enhancing Technologies
* Privacy by Design
* Collaborative defense mechanisms
* Automotive cybersecurity
* Attacker deception methods
* Security for the Internet of Things
* Security of software-defined infrastructures
* Trust and identity management
* Ethical issues of cybersecurity
* Ethical issues of privacy
* Computer ethics
* Offensive cybersecurity
* Cybersecurity and the well-functioning of transparent democracies
* AI, cybersecurity and privacy
* Policies for security and privacy
* Business models
* Digital Identity management
Submissions must be original, unpublished in any of the above-mentioned topics or closely related topics. All types of contributions are welcome whether academic papers, industrial research, case studies, white papers, implementation reviews and so on.
Posters (2 pages extended abstract) are encouraged to provide opportunity to present early stages of work, and demos that otherwise not would be showed at the conference. Papers (4-6 pages) will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore. The submission of abstracts, papers and posters must be done via Easychair<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cmi19>.
* Paper submission: September 15, 2019
* Acceptance notification (papers): September 30, 2019
* Camera-ready version (papers): October 31, 2019
* Poster submission: September 30, 2019
* Notification of Acceptance (posters): October 11. 2019
* Camera-ready version (posters): November 7, 2019
More information can also be found here: https://www.conf.cmi.aau.dk/12th+CMI+conference+2019/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PET