[PET] Tor ED search position

Gabriella "Biella" Coleman enid.coleman at mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 13 10:24:24 GMT 2018

Hi everyone,

Please pass on to other lists & people you think might be interested. We
are now considering candidates.

Warm regards,

Gabriella

https://blog.torproject.org/weve-launched-search-our-next-executive-director

he Tor Project, Inc., the developer of the world’s strongest privacy and
anonymity tool, is looking for its next Executive Director. Shari
Steele, our current Executive Director, is set to retire at the end of
2018.

After 15 years as the Executive Director of the Electronic Frontier
Foundation, Shari was brought on in December 2015 to make the Tor
Project more operationally sound. “I had intended to retire after my
time with EFF, but I believed strongly in the Tor Project’s mission, and
I felt I could help,” Shari said.  “I look at the Tor Project
organization today and feel quite confident that we’ve got the talent
and the structure to continue to support the organization’s great work.”

Around 35 engineers and operational support people plus many volunteers
all over the world contribute to the Tor Project. Successful candidates
for the Executive Director position will have a global perspective on
privacy and censorship issues and be able to lead the diverse and
distributed organization into its next phase of growth and sustainability.

Potential candidates can learn more about the position at the job page
<https://www.torproject.org/about/jobs-execdirector.html.en>.

*About the Tor Project*

The Tor Project is a US 501(c)(3) non-profit organization advancing
human rights and freedoms by creating and deploying free and open source
anonymity and privacy technologies, supporting their unrestricted
availability and use, and furthering their scientific and popular
understanding. For more information, contact Steph Whited at steph at
torproject.org.

--
Gabriella Coleman
Wolfe Chair in Scientific and Technological Literacy