[PET] Open Position for Senior Researcher (Postdoc, m/f, E14 TV-G-U)

Welderufael Tesfay Welderufael.Tesfay at m-chair.de
Tue Feb 20 16:08:10 GMT 2018

The Deutsche Telekom Chair of Mobile Business & Multilateral Security at the Institute for Business Informatics of Goethe University Frankfurt offers one position as Senior Researcher (Postdoc, m/f, E14 TV-G-U)

To strengthen our team we are looking for a committed, creative and flexible postdoctoral researcher with expertise in computer science and interest in current developments in business informatics. The environment of innovative network and mobile applications will give you valuable work experience in interdisciplinary and multinational projects with travel and project responsibility. Beside your project work and other activities at the chair, the emphasis of this position includes supervising Ph.D. candidates as well as representing the chair externally. Our interdisciplinary environment with computer scientists and economists leads to synergies in our research and teaching, especially in the fields of privacy, identity management and IT security. Our cooperation with our benefactor Deutsche Telekom provides extraordinary strategic and infrastructural opportunities.

What we expect from you:
• A completed Ph.D. degree in the field of computer sciences, business informatics, or economics
• Ability to work and act independently and autonomously
• Having the ambition to prove yourself with scientific work
• Excellent knowledge of English, knowledge in German is desirable
• Communication skills and the ability to work in a team
• Willingness to travel

You have advanced knowledge and special skills in at least three of the following areas:
• Privacy-enhancing technologies and data protection
• Identity management
• Information Security and Privacy
• Mobile communication and their areas of application (e.g. LBS)
• Cloud architecture and services
• Human computer interaction (HCI)
• Smartcard and trusted computing
• Experiences with larger software projects
• Project management

Your tasks:
• Coordination of and independent tasks in interdisciplinary and multinational research projects
• Coordinating a group of doctoral students in interdisciplinary and multinational research projects
• Supporting the acquisition of third-party funded projects
• Giving doctoral students professional guidance and support for their Ph.D. endeavors
• Possibly preparing a habilitation and offering your own courses
• Representing the chair to industry, science and press
• General administrative tasks at the chair

The position starts on 16-04-2018 or later and has a fixed-term of 3 years with an extension option. The employment will be full time according to E14 TV-G-U. Goethe University Frankfurt aims at a higher proportion of female staff and explicitly invites qualified women to apply. Severely disabled people with equal skills will be preferred. Please send your complete application documents (including a list of your publications) by email or post until 01-03-2018 to:

Goethe-Universität Frankfurt
Professur für Mobile Business & Multilateral Security
Institut für Wirtschaftsinformatik
Prof. Dr. Kai Rannenberg
RuW Gebäude, Postfach 66
Grüneburgplatz 1
60629 Frankfurt am Main
bewerbungen at m-chair.de<mailto:bewerbungen at m-chair.de>

--
Welderufael B. Tesfay, M.Sc.
Research and Teaching Assistant | Doctoral Candidate