[PET] PhD position at the Chair of Mobile Business & Multilateral Security at Goethe University Frankfurt

Welderufael Tesfay Welderufael.Tesfay at m-chair.de
Tue Feb 20 15:55:15 GMT 2018

The Deutsche Telekom Chair of Mobile Business & Multilateral Security at Goethe University Frankfurt offers a position of a Scientific Assistant (m/f, E13 TV-G-U). The position starts as soon as possible and has a fixed-term of 3 years with an extension option. The grouping is based on the activity characteristics of the collective bargaining agreement (TV-G-U) applicable to the Goethe University.

To strengthen our team we are looking for a committed, creative and flexible PhD candidate (male/female) with advanced professional knowledge in Information Technology and interest in the current development in business informatics. The environment of mobile systems and applications will give you valuable work experience in interdisciplinary and multinational projects with travel and project responsibility. Beside your project work and other activities at the chair, the preparation of your PhD thesis is in key. Our interdisciplinary environment with computer scientists and economists leads to synergies in our research and teaching, especially in IT Security, Identity Management and secure infrastructures in mobile environments. Our cooperation with our benefactor Deutsche Telekom provides extraordinary strategic and infrastructural opportunities.

What we expect from you:
• A University degree with excellent results, relevant work experience welcome
• Relevant professional skills in informatics/computer science
• Ability to work independently and scientific ambition
• Excellent knowledge in English (spoken and written)
• Communication skills and the ability to work in a team
• Willingness to travel

You have advanced knowledge and special skills in at least two of the following areas:
• Privacy-enhancing technologies and data protection
• Cryptography
• Identity management
• Information Security / Security of Networks and Systems
• Mobile Platforms and Smartcards
• Blockchain and its applications

A benefit is also knowledge within the following areas:
• Mobile Application Development (e.g. in Android, etc.)
• Software Engineering and experience in software projects
• Experience in Systemarchitecture and -design
• Project management
• Excellent knowledge in German (spoken and written)

Your tasks:
• Participation in IT-projects (e.g. financed by EU, DFG or BMFG) and tasks at the chair
• Assistance in teaching and supervising bachelor, master and diploma theses
• Preparation of your PhD thesis

Please send your complete application documents by email or post until March 1st 2018 to:
Goethe-Universität Frankfurt, Deutsche Telekom Stiftungsprofessur für Mobile Business & Multilateral Security,
 Prof. Dr. Kai Rannenberg, Theodor-W.-Adorno-Platz 4, 60323 Frankfurt am Main, Germany,
 bewerbungen at m-chair.de<mailto:bewerbungen at m-chair.de>, Tel. +49-69-798-34701

--
Welderufael B. Tesfay, M.Sc.
Research and Teaching Assistant | Doctoral Candidate