[PET] Open Position for Senior Researcher (Postdoc, m/f, E14 TV-G-U)

Welderufael Tesfay Welderufael.Tesfay at m-chair.de
Wed May 10 17:24:21 BST 2017

The Deutsche Telekom Chair of Mobile Business & Multilateral Security at the Institute for Business Informatics of Goethe University Frankfurt offers one position as Senior Researcher (Postdoc, m/f, E14 TV-G-U)
To strengthen our team we are looking for a committed, creative and flexible postdoctoral researcher with expertise in computer science and interest in current developments in business informatics. The environment of innovative network and mobile applications will give you valuable work experience in interdisciplinary and multinational projects with travel and project responsibility. Beside your project work and other activities at the chair, the emphasis of this position includes supervising Ph.D. candidates as well as representing the chair externally. Our interdisciplinary environment with computer scientists and economists leads to synergies in our research and teaching, especially in the fields of privacy, identity management and IT security. Our cooperation with our benefactor Deutsche Telekom provides extraordinary strategic and infrastructural opportunities.
What we expect from you:

  *   A completed Ph.D. degree in the field of computer sciences, business informatics, or economics
  *   Ability to work and act independently and autonomously
  *   Having the ambition to prove yourself with scientific work
  *   Excellent knowledge of English, knowledge in German is desirable
  *   Communication skills and the ability to work in a team
  *   Experience in EU-funded projects
  *   Willingness to travel
You have advanced knowledge and special skills in at least three of the following areas:

  *   Cloud architecture and services
  *   Privacy-enhancing technologies and data protection
  *   Privacy-by-design
  *   Identity management
  *   Anonymous credentials
  *   Information Security
  *   Project management
Your tasks:

  *   Coordination of and independent tasks in interdisciplinary and multinational research projects
  *   Supporting the acquisition of third-party funded projects
  *   Coordinating a group of doctoral students in interdisciplinary and multinational research projects
  *   Giving doctoral students professional guidance and support for their Ph.D. Endeavours
  *   Possibly preparing a habilitation and offering your own courses
  *   Representing the chair to stakeholders from science, industry, policy making, and media
  *   General administrative tasks at the chair

The position starts on 01-07-2017 or later and has a fixed-term of 2 years. The employment will be full time according to E14 TV-G-U. Goethe University Frankfurt aims at a higher proportion of female staff and explicitly invites qualified women to apply. Severely disabled people with equal skills will be preferred.

To apply please send by email or post:

  *   Detailed CV (including a list of your publications)
  *   Complete transcripts including grades
  *   Motivation letter
  *   Research statement

Please send your complete application documents by email or post until 15-06-2017 to:

Goethe-Universität Frankfurt
Professur für Mobile Business & Multilateral Security
Institut für Wirtschaftsinformatik
Prof. Dr. Kai Rannenberg
RuW Gebäude, Postfach 66
Grüneburgplatz 1
60629 Frankfurt am Main
bewerbungen at m-chair.de<mailto:bewerbungen at m-chair.de>

--
Welderufael B. Tesfay, M.Sc.
Research and Teaching Assistant | Doctoral Candidate