[PET] PhD position in the Information Security and Privacy Lab at UNIL (Switzerland), deadline July 15th
kevin.huguenin at unil.ch
Thu Jun 22 12:25:09 BST 2017
The Information Security and Privacy Lab at the University of Lausanne (Switzerland) is opening a PhD position on human and social aspects of privacy. The goal of the research project is to study the human and social aspects of privacy with a special focus on emerging technologies and services. To do so, the successful candidate will have to interact/collaborate with researchers from the medicine, forensics, law, sociology, or business/economics, while focusing on the core computer-science/information-system aspects of privacy. The University of Lausanne is one of the top institutions in Switzerland and in Europe. It is home to 14K students of which more than a third come from abroad. It is a truly international campus: more than 120 distinct nationalities are represented. It is a highly multidisciplinary school: Medicine, Forensics, Law, Sociology, Business and Economics, and Information Systems provide a unique mix of research methods and backgrounds
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field,
• Experience and strong abilities in programming. Experience in statistics and machine learning is a plus,
• Good theoretical background in mathematics and computer science,
• Strong interest and some experience in computer and communication security and information privacy as well as in related application domains (ubiquitous computing, social networking, etc.),
• Taste for/willingness to participate in multidisciplinary projects involving medicine, digital forensics, law, sociology, or economics: open-mindedness is key to the success of such projects.
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of French and German is a plus. Good analytical and communication skills are essential.
What the position offers you:
We offer a nice working place in a multicultural, diversified and dynamic academic environment, opportunities for professional training. Competitive salaries. Possibilities of continuous training, a lot of activities and other benefits to discover.
Contact for further information:
Prof. Kévin Huguenin
kevin.huguenin at unil.ch
Your application (deadline 15.07.2017)
• curriculum vitae (2 pages max.),
• a statement clearly describing your research interests and achievements,
• the name of up to three references willing to write recommendation letters,
• your university transcripts (bachelor and master level),
• and an electronic version of a recent research project (e.g. master thesis, scientific publication).
Only applications through the UNIL’s official website (success factor) will be taken into account: https://career012.successfactors.eu/career?company=universitdP&site=VjItZy84VGQ5U1B5c09CRGlJeTlzUHdlZz09%3f&career_job_req_id=10742&career_ns=job_listing&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH
University of Lausanne (UNIL)—HEC
+41 21 692 34 29
More information about the PET