[PET] Post-Doc position in confidentiality-preserving certification

Thomas Gross thomas.gross at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Nov 15 10:06:59 GMT 2016

Hi there,

We are advertising for a post-doc position in applied cryptography for the EU project PrismaCloud.

Cheers,
   Thomas

We are offering a post-doctoral Research Assistant/Associate position in applied cryptography. The position includes the investigation of new cryptographic primitives and protocols to certify cloud systems in a confidentiality-preserving way.

We ask questions like: How can we digitally sign and prove properties of complex data structures, without disclosing further information about them? How can we certify entire topologies of computer systems, while maintaining the confidentiality of the system's blueprint?

The research will benefit from experience with anonymous credential systems, especially based on Camenisch-Lysyanskaya (CL) signatures (IDEMIX) and from experience with the Trusted Computing Platform and Direct Anonymous Attestation (DAA).

The position is part of the EU Horizon2020 Project PrismaCloud, allowing for collaboration with a range of European partners. It is fixed term for 2 years and is full time.

For informal enquiries please contact the Project Leader, Dr Thomas Gross - Thomas.gross at ncl.ac.uk<mailto:Thomas.gross at ncl.ac.uk>

As part of your application, please provide a CV and covering letter which details your prior experience in cryptography, especially in relation to anonymous credential systems or authenticated data structures.

The School of Computing Science of Newcastle University has been nominated by the Times Higher Education (THE) as one of the top-100 computer science departments in the world. It is recognized as an UK Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research.

The School of Computer Science is committed to promoting equality and diversity, including the Athena SWAN charter for promoting women's careers in STEMM subjects (science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine) in higher education. The School received a Bronze Award in 2015 for their commitment to the representation of women in the workplace and we welcome all candidates to apply for this post. Appointment will always be made on merit.

https://vacancies.ncl.ac.uk/ViewVacancyV2.aspx?enc=mEgrBL4XQK0+ld8aNkwYmK3koijWkp/Jg9UuOnmhkrRKz1TfJg9ldMS2T4v+qPpXgeebG4MIEIfAuUoc5n9gorjbd3H4zVSbgb2sdcWS6cAHc77Vq0OZdIGKrtcJ9s3tG+554Lcmo49aOVQ0+xxm4Q==