[PET] PhD position Chair of Mobile Business & Multilateral Security at Goethe University Frankfurt

Kai Rannenberg Kai.Rannenberg at m-chair.de
Fri Aug 5 03:05:52 BST 2016

The Deutsche Telekom Chair of Mobile Business & Multilateral Security at Goethe University Frankfurt offers a position of a Scientific Assistant (m/f, E13 TV-G-U).

To strengthen our team we are looking for a committed, creative and
flexible PhD candidate (male/female) with advanced professional knowledge
in Information Technology and interest in the current development in
business informatics. The environment of mobile systems and applications
will give you valuable work experience in interdisciplinary and
multinational projects with travel and project responsibility. Beside your
project work and other activities at the chair, the preparation of your
PhD thesis is in key. Our interdisciplinary environment with computer
scientists and economists leads to synergies in our research and teaching,
especially in IT Security, Identity Management and secure infrastructures
in mobile environments. Our cooperation with our benefactor Deutsche
Telekom provides extraordinary strategic and infrastructural opportunities.

What we expect from you:
-    A University degree with excellent results, relevant work experience welcome
-    Relevant professional skills in informatics/computer science
-    Ability to work independently and scientific ambition
-    Excellent knowledge in English (spoken and written)
-    Communication skills and the ability to work in a team
-    Willingness to travel

You have advanced knowledge and special skills in at least two of the following areas:
-    Network and System Security
-    Privacy-Enhancing Technologies and data protection
-    Identity Management
-    Privacy sensitive cloud applications
-    Cryptography

A benefit is also knowledge within the following areas:
-    Mobile Application Development (e.g. in Android, etc.)
-    Mobile Platforms, Smartcards and Trusted Computing
-    Programming languages and experiences in software projects
-    Administration skills in different platforms (e.g. UNIX, Linux, Windows)
-    Web technologies and development
-    Project management
-    Excellent knowledge in German (spoken and written)

Your Tasks:
-    Participation in IT-projects (e.g. financed by EU, DFG or BMFG) and tasks at the chair
-    Assistance in teaching and supervising bachelor, master and diploma theses
-    Preparation of your PhD thesis

The position is available beginning from 1st of September 2016 and has a fixed-term of 3 years with an extension option. The employment will be according to E13 TV-G-U, and can be full or part time. Goethe UniversityFrankfurt aims at a higher proportion of female staff and explicitly invites qualified women to apply. Severely disabled people with equal skills will be preferred. The duration of the contract is limited by the regulations of the German "Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz" and the "Hessisches Hochschulgesetz".

Please send your complete application documents (if applicable also a list of publications) until 16th of August 2016, by e-mail or post to:

Goethe University Frankfurt
Deutsche Telekom Chair of Mobile Business & Multilateral Security
Prof Dr. Kai Rannenberg
Theodor-W.-Adorno-Platz 4
60629 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
bewerbungen at m-chair.de