[PET] Junior Research Position at EveryWare Lab, Univ. of Milan, ITALY - Last Call
claudio.bettini at unimi.it
Tue Apr 12 11:45:01 BST 2016
The EveryWare Lab at the department of computer science of the University of Milan (http://everywarelab.di.unimi.it/) invites applications for a junior research position funded by the PACS Project, a Italy-Israel joint research project on *Privacy-Aware Cyber Security*.
Main facts about the position
- Duration: 16 months appointment
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Start date: in the period June-July 2016 (precise date flexible)
a) solid background in computer science at the graduate level (programming, algorithms, data management, statistics, ...)
b) background in security and/or data privacy,
c) research experience and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team
c) excellent written and oral communication in English
a) PhD in computer science
b) background in mobile and pervasive computing,
c) expert level programming
- Formal application details: http://www.unimi.it/ricerca/assegni_ricerca/99357.htm
- Formal application deadline (documents must be received by the office by): May 13, 2016
- Evaluation/Interviews: May 19, 2016
About the project
Privacy-Aware Cyber-Security (PACS) aims to evaluate methods for understanding the trade-off between privacy and cyber-security, and to propose solutions for balancing them. Specifically, the project will study how personal data stores can be used to process cyber behavior without transmitting it to a centralized server. The study will evaluate how these solutions impact users’ privacy, the security of the system, and users’ perceptions and behaviors. Besides more traditional infrastructure, the project aims at considering the issue in mobile and pervasive environments.
What you will do
- you will join a team in designing proper metrics to evaluate the privacy impact of cybersecurity protection systems
- you will contribute to design a solution for privacy preservation for these systems, to implement a prototype, and to evaluate it in the setting of a smart environment.
Candidates that consider applying and/or want more information may preliminarily contact the lab at info at everywarelab.di.unimi.it using subject "PACS position".
More information about the PET