[PET] IEEE CNS 2015 Student Travel Grants Type B (US-based students) - Deadline extended
giovanni.livraga at unimi.it
Mon Sep 7 18:03:39 BST 2015
IEEE CNS 2015 Student Travel Grants Type B (US-based students) - Extended Deadline
IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security
September 28-30, 2015
*** Application deadline for US-based students extended to September 16, 2015 ***
IEEE CNS 2015, with the support of NSF and ARO, will be able
to partially support the travel, accommodation, and registration costs
of US-based student registrants who might otherwise be unable to attend
All eligible applications will be considered, especially female
and under-represented minority students. We also encourage those
who do not have a paper in the conference, but wish to attend,
to submit a travel grant application. The number and amount of
awards will be determined based on the available funding and the
NSF and ARO travel grant opportunity for US-based students are sponsored by the
U.S. National Science Foundation and Army Research Office. To qualify, a student
must be a graduate student studying in an accredited U.S. institution at the time
of attending CNS 2015. Student recipients must submit valid receipts for reimbursement
after the conference. Only airfare on a US-based carrier will be reimbursed by this type
Applicants should create their application as a single PDF file, following the
format described below. Direct links to the submission pages of grants is here:
An application for a student travel grant will consist of:
* A request letter from the student (see below).
* The student's CV.
* A supporting letter from the student's graduate advisor.
* Expected Expenses (broken down as registration, travel, and lodging). It is
anticipated that travel grants will partially cover these overall costs.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The request letter from the student should include the following information:
* Type of student (PhD, MS, undergraduate, etc.)
* Number of years that the applicant have been a student in the current program,
and expected date of completion
* Name and email address of advisor
* Title and Authors of paper presenting at CNS 2015 conference, if applicable.
* A short statement (maximum 250 words) describing briefly why the student wants
to attend CNS 2015.
The advisor's recommendation letter for the student should include:
* Confirmation that student is a full-time Ph.D. or M.S. candidate in good
academic standing at the given institution.
* Explain how this particular student would benefit from attendance at the
* The strengths and potential contributions of the student.
If an advisor prefers to submit the recommendation letter separately, please
ask him/her to email it (pdf file) to the Student Travel Grant Chairs
Walid Saad (walids at vt.edu) and Yingying Chen (yingying.chen at stevens.edu)
by Septmber 16, 2015 [extended deadline, firm].
DEADLINE AND DATES
* Application due September 16, 2015 [extended].
* Award decisions made to the applicants: around September 18, 2015.
Student travel grant awardees are required to provide taxpayer information
(e.g., SSNs in the US) if applicable.
If you have a question, please contact the Student Travel Grant Chairs,
Dr. Walid Saad (walids at vt.edu) and Dr. Yingying Chen (yingying.chen at stevens.edu).
Per destinare il 5x1000 all'Universita' degli Studi di Milano: indicare nella dichiarazione dei redditi il codice fiscale 80012650158.
More information about the PET