[PET] CFP: IEEE Workshop on Privacy and Anonymity in Digital Economy (PADE) 2013
Roksana.Boreli at nicta.com.au
Mon Mar 18 11:49:12 GMT 2013
Call for Papers: PADE 2013 Workshop
In conjunction with the 38th Annual IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks
IEEE Workshop on Privacy and Anonymity in Digital Economy (PADE) 2013
October 24, 2013, Citigate Central, Sydney, Australia
In today’s digital economy, behavior of users, their preferences and location, and other personal data are being increasingly used for service personalization. There is also a growing awareness of the implications of such personalized services on user privacy. Both regulatory and technology efforts are underway to address privacy and anonymity requirements of systems and services using personal data. This workshop will address issues that relate to privacy and anonymity in distributed systems and Internet-based services, with focus on theoretical and practical aspects of the design and performance evaluation of privacy and anonymity preserving systems and services.
The workshop solicits research papers, work-in-progress papers, industry and regulatory position reports from academia, industry, and government agencies.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Privacy enhancing technologies
* Privacy and anonymity in the Web, cloud systems, online social networks, mobile networks, P2P networks
* Privacy in identity management systems
* Design and performance of privacy-preserving systems
* Design and performance of anonymizing networks
* Performance evaluation of anonymous systems and networks
* Measurement methodologies for privacy and anonymity
* User profiling mechanisms
* Mechanisms for processing of private data
* Quantification of privacy threats and anonymity loss
* Privacy challenges in the digital economy
* New Economic models of privacy-preserving systems
* Current and emerging regulatory frameworks for privacy in the digital economy
The workshop will include both presentations of accepted papers and invited keynote speeches and will seek to promote dynamic inter-disciplinary discussions on the various aspects of privacy and anonymity.
* Paper Submission: May 12, 2013
* Author Notification: June 30, 2013
* Camera Ready Due: July 28, 2013
* Workshop: Thursday October 24, 2013 (half day)
Papers must not exceed 6 pages in in standard IEEE double-column format. All paper submissions will be handled electronically in EDAS, http://edas.info/N14651 . Submissions must be original, previously unpublished work. The PADE program committee will review submissions and accepted papers will be presented at the workshop. For all questions regarding the submission or topics, please contact the workshop chairs at pade2013-chairs at edas.info.
Roksana Boreli (NICTA, Australia and University of NSW, Australia)
Mohamed Ali Kaafar (NICTA, Australia and INRIA, France)
Anirban Mahanti (NICTA, Australia and University of NSW, Australia)
Kind regards, Roksana
The information in this e-mail may be confidential and subject to legal professional privilege and/or copyright. National ICT Australia Limited accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachments.
More information about the PET