[PET] IAPP & Navigate

Wright, Matthew mwright at uta.edu
Fri Jun 7 10:25:49 BST 2013

Hi all-

Forwarding a message from Trevor Hughes of IAPP.

Two points:
1. I don't know much about IAPP, but it looks like they have some overlap w/ our community.
2. 20 free passes to academic types to attend their think-tank event. I can't make it, myself, but maybe you should consider it.

cheers-
Matt

As you probably know, the IAPP is running Navigate<https://www.privacyassociation.org/events_and_programs/navigate_2013/> – our think-tank event – on June 21st in Portsmouth, NH.  The program for the event is attached -- Jason Hong is speaking!

Through some wonderful support that we have received from the Ford Foundation, Intel, and Microsoft, I have 20 passes that I can provide to academics, researchers, or students.  I cannot provide travel support, but I would be happy to provide complimentary registration.

Could you extend this offer to the SOUPS community?  I think we will be covering topics that are very relevant and providing a multi-disciplinary audience that allows for some great dialogue.

Many thanks!

J. Trevor Hughes, CIPP
President / CEO
International Association of Privacy Professionals

(603) 427 9201<tel:%28603%29%20427%209201>
jthughes at privacyassociation.org<mailto:jthughes at privacyassociation.org>