[PET] Privacy economics: evidence from the field

Sören Preibusch Soeren.Preibusch at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 13 19:38:55 GMT 2012

Jon,

The advertised prices (prior to subsidisation) were €5.50 and €7.50 for the
more expensive, privacy-friendly seller. For the field, the average ticket
price is around €6. Looking at the data, there is no evidence that the
ticket price is systematically associated with willingness to pay extra.

Sören