[PET] Open Access?

Nikita Borisov nikitab at cs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 12 21:48:24 BST 2012

I would prefer not to have such a restriction. I know a number of people
(several on this list, surely) who have opted not to provide *review*
services for non-open-access venues, but I don't know of anyone who has
decided not to publish in non-OA venues. I think even if there are such
people on this list, they would form a small minority. Overall, I think the
pressure one would exert on publishers towards open access by implementing
such a CFP forwarding policy would be minimal and its benefits would be
outweighed by failing to get potentially relevant CFP information to PET
list members.

Also, wouldn't it mean that even the CFP for PETS would be forbidden, under
the current agreements?

- Nikita
[full disclosure: I'm planning to send a non-OA CFP to the list shortly!]

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 4:32 AM, Ben Laurie <ben at links.org> wrote:

> I am contemplating not allowing CFPs etc for
> conferences/books/whatever that are not open access.
>
> Do people have opinions?

Nikita Borisov - http://hatswitch.org/~nikita/
Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Tel: (217) 903-4401, Office: 460 CSL