[PET] Open Access?

Vaclav (Vashek) Matyas matyas at fi.muni.cz
Tue Jun 12 14:47:58 BST 2012

Hi Ben,

While I have some understanding for this, I don't see the problem so
much in the black-or-white spectrum only. There are many interesting
and highly relevant venues that aren't (strictly speaking) open access,
eg, they allow us to release the paper only on personal pages with a link
to the publisher. There are open access shops that charge the authors
amounts that are highly questionable. There are so many grey spots...

I don't view this as a simple issue to tackle and am afraid that this
might harm the list/community.

Cheers,

Vashek

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:32:39AM +0100, Ben Laurie wrote:
> I am contemplating not allowing CFPs etc for
> conferences/books/whatever that are not open access.
>
> Do people have opinions?

Vasek Matyas