[PET] PET Digest, Vol 49, Issue 6

David david.shaw at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Wed Jun 13 13:39:33 BST 2012

Greeting Ben,

I like hearing about all calls/news that are related to privacy enhancing techniques, even sometimes in the negative sense.
If there was a call for papers here from "ISS World conference" Prague/Brasilia (which seems not exactly Open Access) then I would still find it interesting.
Maybe the intelligence gathering standards technical committee STC/ILETS will let us know when & where their next meeting is to be held?

On 12 Jun 2012, at 13:00, pet-request at lists.links.org wrote:

> Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 10:32:39 +0100
> From: Ben Laurie <ben at links.org>
> To: Discussion of privacy enhancing technologies <pet at lists.links.org>
> Subject: [PET] Open Access?
>
> I am contemplating not allowing CFPs etc for
> conferences/books/whatever that are not open access.
>
> Do people have opinions?

David Shaw

Digital Privacy Engineer
European Commission - DG Joint Research Centre
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen
DCS  -  Digital Citizen Security Unit G.07
Via Enrico Fermi TP361, 21027 Ispra, (Va), Italy
e-mail:  <david.shaw at jrc.ec.europa.eu>

Robust science for policy making
The mission of the JRC-IPSC is to provide research results and to support EU policy-makers in their effort towards global security and towards protection of European citizens from accidents, deliberate attacks, fraud and illegal actions against EU policies.  As a service of the European Commission, the JRC functions as a reference centre of science and technology for the Union. Close to the policy-making process, it serves the common interest of the Member States, while being independent of special interests, whether private or national.
Cette communication ne constitue en aucun cas un engagement formel de la part de la Commission. © European Communities, 2011-12