[PET] Security Position at PARC

Emiliano De Cristofaro edecrist at uci.edu
Mon Jun 4 23:50:38 BST 2012

Dear All,

PARC has opened a full-time position for a research scientist/senior
research scientist in the Security and Privacy group. (Please see details
below).

Please consider this opportunity and/or forward this email to people that
may be interested.

Thank you,
--
Emiliano De Cristofaro
Research Scientist, PARC

PARC -- http://www.parc.com

Open Position: Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist in Security

We invite applications for outstanding researchers to strengthen and
broaden our research activities in security research. Our expertise ranges
from applied cryptography and privacy to network, system, and usable
security.  Both recent Ph.D. graduates and well-established scientists are
encouraged to apply.

A premier center for commercial innovation, PARC, a Xerox company, is in
the business of breakthroughs. We work closely with global enterprises,
entrepreneurs, government agencies and partners, and other clients to
invent, co-develop, and bring to market game-changing innovations by
combining imagination, investigation, and return on investment for our
clients. For 40 years, we have lived at the leading edge of innovation,
merging inquiry and strategy to pioneer technological change. PARC was
incorporated in 2002 as a wholly owned independent subsidiary of Xerox
Corporation – enabling us to continue pioneering technological change but
across a broader set of industries and clients today.

Our security group offers a well-established, unique environment for taking
fundamental research to high-impact applications and inventions in both
established industry and new business. Researchers at PARC enjoy a
flexible, inter-disciplinary work environment, are encouraged to regularly
publish their research results, and are active in the research community
through program committees and conference presentations.

Depending on seniority, the successful candidate will be responsible for
one or more of the following roles:

. Formulating research problems based on real-world needs and independently
conducting high-quality research
. Working with existing research and development staff on a broad range of
research topics
. Working with business development team in identifying important business
opportunities with industry and government agencies.
. Identifying new promising research directions and contributing them to
the group’s long-term research agenda.

Candidates in all areas of cyber security will be considered, however, the
following areas are of particular interest:

. Systems & network security
. Security in cloud computing
. Data mining and machine learning applied to security and privacy
. Security and privacy in ubiquitous and mobile computing environments
. Formal methods and software verification

Requirements:

A Ph.D. or equivalent experience is required to apply. The ideal applicant
should be familiar with the foundations of security, have a strong
publication record, possess a strong desire to work on problems with
real-world potential and impact, and have strong implementation skills to
create early-stage prototypes and demos. Previous experience in industrial
research, technology transfer and preparing grant proposals are definite
pluses.

Job application can be found at
*
http://www.parc.com/job/256/research-scientist-or-senior-research-scientist-in-security.html