[PET] FireGloves - please test it

Ivan Szekely szekelyi at ceu.hu
Sat Apr 7 20:51:34 BST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Many thanks to all who tested the new cross-browser fingerprinting method at www.pet-portal.eu developed by my young colleagues at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics ( http://fingerprint.pet-portal.eu/?lang=en ). Also thanks to those who sent feedback and bug reports, thereby contributing to making the test better and more robust.

Last week we made the test public at a press conference and we also introduced an "anti-fingerprinting" method, FireGloves, developed by a student of ours. FireGloves is a Firefox extension, which sends random (or pre-defined) values about the browser and other components of the user's system, can disable font detection and other services, without reducing the browsing experience.

Please test FireGloves at http://fingerprint.pet-portal.eu/?menu=6 or directly from the main menu of the PET Portal.

Thank you for your feedback in advance.

Ivan

Ivan Szekely