[PET] Antw: Homomorphic hashing?

Manuel Liedel Manuel.Liedel at wiwi.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Nov 3 09:08:27 GMT 2011

This can be accomplished via Secure Multiparty Computation (in this case actually Secure Two-Party Computation). A good place to start would be Andrew C. Yaos seminal paper "Protocols for Secure Computations". But there is a trove of more modern literature as well.

>>> "R. J. Cronk" <rjc at privacymaverick.com> 10/31/2011 3:04 >>>
I'd like to be able to take two numbers and do a greater than comparison x < y. However, I'd like to be able to do this without knowing x and y. This might be useful in blind bidding where I want to compare two bids without actually revealing the bid. Is there such a thing or can anybody suggest an alternative method?
Jason