[PET] Moderating the PETS list?

Nikita Borisov nikita at illinois.edu
Sat Jul 31 02:07:30 BST 2010

Another option would be to make a clearer policy about off-topic posts
& CFPs and moderate those users who violate it.  Less work for the
moderator that way.

- Nikita

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Ben Laurie <ben at links.org> wrote:
> On 14/07/2010 18:34, Roger Dingledine wrote:
>> This list has turned into a train wreck of CFPs that aren't affiliated
>> with PETS. Next week I'm going to raise the question of whether we should
>> moderate it, or what else we can do to get it back to the "low volume
>> PETS-specific mailing list" that it used to be.
>
> It actually is moderated for non-subscribers, btw, but subscribers can
> post without moderation.
>
> I am open to the idea of moderating all posts.
>
> --
> http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html           http://www.links.org/
>
> "There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he
> doesn't mind who gets the credit." - Robert Woodruff

Nikita Borisov - http://hatswitch.org/~nikita/
Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Tel: (217) 903-4401, Office: 460 CSL