[PET] Moderating the PETS list?

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Tue Aug 17 08:07:27 BST 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 05:28:40AM +0100, Ben Laurie wrote:
> On 31/07/2010 01:59, Nikita Borisov wrote:
> > Another option would be to make a clearer policy about off-topic posts
> > & CFPs and moderate those users who violate it.  Less work for the
> > moderator that way.
>
> I'm going to switch on moderation for everyone. Those who behave get it
> switched off :-)

Sounds great.

Another option would be to just restrict posting ability to the current
program chairs, and we use the list to announce call-for-papers for
PETS, and then call-for-participation for PETS. Then if you want to send
something else, convince the program chairs that they want to send it.

In the mean time, we can see how the "everyone in moderation" approach
goes, and bring in the nuke-them-from-orbit option as needed.

Thanks,
--Roger