[PET] research positions at COSIC / KULeuven

Claudia Diaz claudia.diaz at esat.kuleuven.be
Tue Sep 9 14:55:44 BST 2008

Dear colleague,

there are a number of PhD and Post-Doc research positions open at the
COSIC group of KULeuven.

We would appreciate if you could forward this information to anyone who
might be interested on applying.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Claudia

K.U.Leuven in Belgium
Junior or Senior Researchers

COSIC is a large international research group (55 researchers and 20
nationalities) at the K.U.Leuven in Belgium.

COSIC invites applications from junior or senior researchers with a
strong commitment to high quality research. Candidates are expected to
perform research on applied cryptology and information security in EU
projects and in projects funded by the IBBT in areas such as RFID/NFC,
web services, ad-hoc networks, privacy enchancing technologies and
identity management. There are also several positions in the area of
security for embedded systems and cryptanalysis.

Candidates require a Master or PhD degree in Computer Science,
Informatics, or Electronics. For junior positions, we prefer candidates
who are willing to undertake doctoral studies; basic knowledge of
cryptology and information security is a plus. For positions at the
postdoctoral level, we expect a proven research record in applied
cryptology and information security. A good knowledge of oral and
written English is essential, as this is the working language in the
group.

More details
http://www.esat.kuleuven.be/scd/vacancies.php?view=2
or send email to job_cosic at esat.kuleuven.be

Closing date: August 31, 2008, but positions will be available until
they are filled.